Mallika mangoes are an Indian variety crossed between Dasheri base and Neelum graft. The fruits are medium-sized, with a very thin seed and a generous amount of sweet pulp.
Mallika Mango: Origin and Characteristics
Mallika mangoes are believed to have originated in India and get their name from the Sanskrit word for “queen”. Mallika mangoes are an Indian variety crossed between Dasheri base and Neelum graft. Mallika mangoes are available from May to July.
These bright yellow fruits have a distinctively curved shape and a smooth, thin skin. The flesh is firm, juicy, and sweet with a hint of sourness. It contains a large, oval-shaped seed. Mallika mangos are often used in Indian cuisine. They can be eaten fresh or used in juices, smoothies, desserts, and chutneys. Because of their thin skin, they’re also easy to peel and chop.
How to Enjoy Mallika Mangoes
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy delicious, juicy mangoes and there’s no better variety than the Mallika mango. This guide will teach you how to pick, store, and prepare Mallika Mangoes so you can enjoy them at their peak of ripeness.
When shopping for Mallika Mangoes, look for fruit that is soft to the touch and free of blemishes. The skin should also give slightly when pressed. Avoid any mangos that are hard and bruised.
To store your Mallika Mangoes, keep them at room temperature until they’re ripe. Once ripe, they can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. To speed up the ripening process, place mangos in a paper bag with an apple or banana.
Nutritional Value of Mallika Mangoes
Mallika mangoes are not only delicious, but they are also packed with nutrients that can benefit your health. Just one mango contains over 20 different vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin C, beta-carotene, and potassium.
Mangoes are a good source of fiber, which can help to promote digestive health and prevent constipation. The antioxidants in mangoes can also help to protect your cells from damage and may boost your immune system.
Eating mangoes may also help to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. Some research has shown that the compounds in mangoes can help to inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
If you’re looking for a nutritious fruit to add to your diet, Mallika mangoes are a great option. Not only will they give you a delicious treat, but they can also provide many health benefits.
Health Benefits of Eating a Mallika Mangoes
The Mallika mango is a rich source of vitamins A and C, as well as dietary fiber. The fruit has been shown to have numerous health benefits, including improved digestion, reduced inflammation, and protection against heart disease and cancer.
Eating a Mallika mango can also help boost your immune system, due to the presence of antioxidants and phytochemicals. These nutrients work together to fight off free radicals and prevent cell damage. Additionally, the fiber in the fruit helps to regulate blood sugar levels and promote satiety.
If you’re looking for a delicious way to improve your health, try adding a Mallika mango to your diet!
Best online store to buy Mallika Mangoes online
Mallika Mangoes are one of the most delicious and popular varieties of mangoes available in India. When it comes to finding the best place to buy Mallika Mangoes online, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First and foremost, you want to make sure that the site you’re considering is reputable and that they have a good track record when it comes to delivering fresh fruits.
Natural Mangoes is an online store that specializes in selling organic farm fresh mangoes. They have a wide variety of mangoes available, including Mallika mangoes. So, you can be sure that you will get your mangoes delivered right to your doorstep. Overall, if you are looking for a convenient and affordable place to buy Mallika mangoes online, then Natural Mangoes is the perfect choice.
Check out our top picks below and get started on your delicious Mango shopping spree today!
Mangoes are packed in raw or semi ripe condition to withstand transport time. Fruit will mature to full sweetness and aroma after arrival. Please open and lay the mangoes on the floor on the hay that comes within the crate, Leave the mangoes for a minimum of 4 ~ 8 days to ripen naturally. Do not refrigerate the mangoes unless fully ripe. Usually delivered in 3 – 6 business days. Delivery available in Tamil Nadu and all over India.
- Each Mango is around 200-300 grams in size.
- Organic farm fresh Mangoes directly from farm
- Naturally ripened Mangoes
- No Chemicals or Calcium Carbides used for ripening Mangoes
- Excellent sweet aroma with peculiar flavor, sweet in taste, fiber-less flesh and moderate to abundant juicy.
- The mangoes are also rich in minerals like iron, folate, magnesium, etc.
- Fruits are weighed at harvest time and a 15-20% weight reduction can occur due to moisture loss. Do not Store Fresh fruits in the refrigerator and keep away from sunlight. Due to rising temperatures, one or two mangoes may reach you in overripe condition.
How to naturally ripen mangoes:
- Open the Carton boxes sent by Natural Mangoes and take mangoes out of Carton boxes to spread mango fruits on top of one layer of paddy husk or wheat straw, then add another layer to the top. Leave for a minimum of 4 ~ 8 days to ripen naturally.
- Submerge the mangoes in a bowl of uncooked rice and leave for a minimum of 4 ~ 8 days to ripen naturally.
- Using a Paper Bag or a Newspaper – Put the mangoes in a paper bag or cover it with a newspaper and leave it undisturbed for 4 ~ 8 days for the mangoes to release some ethylene, an odorless gas that speeds up the ripening process. Take the mangoes out when you start getting the fruity smell
How to identify if mangoes are ripe and ready to eat?
- Smell the mango for the most reliable results. Sniff the stem end of the mango, If it has a heavy, fruity, almost musky odour, it is ripe. It you’re struggling to find an aroma; chances are your mango isn’t quite there yet.
- Squeeze the mango gently after you’ve sniffed. If it is soft which means mangoes are getting ready for ripening.
- Don’t rely on color to judge the ripeness of a mango. Although most ripe mangoes will also feature rich reds and burnt yellows more than soft greens, ripe mangoes are not always red and yellow. So, forget the look of mangoes when determining ripeness. Instead, use smell and softness as your guide.
- Don’t be scared away by a few black spots on the surface of the mango skin. Some people are scared away by mangoes that have a few splotchy, black blemishes on them.
Storing Mangoes in refrigerator:
- Place mangoes in the refrigerator only when it has ripened. Keeping the mango in the refrigerator will slow down the speed at which the mango continues to ripen. Like all tropical fruits, mangoes should not be stored in the fridge before they are ripe, as the fruit might be damaged by the cold temperature and the refrigeration will halt the ripening process.
For Organic Farm Fresh Mangoes, Please visit our website to place your order online. Mangoes will be delivered to your doorstep:
Tags: #Organic Mangoes #Organic Mango #Farm Fresh Mangoes #Carbide Free Mangoes #Natural Mangoes #Mangoes Chennai #Malliga #Mallika #ripened # Mango Store # Mango Shop #Mangoes Order Online #Chemical Free #naturally ripened #Banganapalli #Alphonso #Imampasand #naturally ripened #Mangoes online #Order online #Farm Fresh #Door Step