Premium Killimuku (Totapuri) mangoes are one of best quality Natural Mangoes from ARNV farms.
The ‘Totapuri’ mangoes, or Ginimoothi, is a cultivar that is widely grown in south India and is partially cultivated in Sri Lanka. It also goes by the names Bangalore, Collector, Kallamai, Kili Mooku, Gilli, Mukku, and Sandersha. In Bengaluru it is referred to as Ginimoothi Maavina Kayi, while most of the rest of India calls it Totapuri or Bangalora. It literally translates to parrot face (gini = parrot, muthi = beak). Totapuri was imported to Florida in 1901 as Sandersha and in the 1960s as Totapuri. It is the parent of at least two Florida mango cultivars, Anderson and Brooks.
Totapuri is one of the main cultivars grown in India for mango pulp, along with Alphonso, Dasheri, and Kesar mango. The tree is medium size with greenish yellow fruits. Each piece weighs around 250 to 500 gms. It is the only mango that can be tasted in unripe greeny stages by slicing and pouring salt with chilli powder.
These mangoes are large and golden yellow in colour. It is oblong in shape and has a prominent beak-like pointed end. These mangoes vary in length but are generally about 7 inches long. The skin of the fruit is usually thick, and the color can vary from green to yellow. This variety of mango is known to contain nutrients, such as vitamins A, E, C & B5 and is an excellent source of Vitamin A and C. Some of these vitamins are good for adding a glow to the skin and its antioxidant enzymes provide nourishment to body while increasing resistance power.
For Premium Quality Organic KILLIMUKU mangoes order online now for deliveries in and around Chennai. Natural Mangoes Chennai delivers the best quality farm fresh naturally ripened mangoes directly to your home.
Mangoes are packed in raw or semi ripe condition to withstand transport time. Fruit will mature to full sweetness and aroma after arrival. Please open and lay the mangoes on the floor on the hay that comes within the crate, Leave the mangoes for a minimum of 4 ~ 8 days to ripen naturally. Do not refrigerate the mangoes unless fully ripe. Usually delivered in 3 – 6 business days. Delivery available in Tamil Nadu and all over India.
- Each Mango is around 300-700 grams in size.
- Organic farm fresh Mangoes directly from farm
- Naturally ripened Mangoes
- No Chemicals or Calcium Carbides used for ripening Mangoes
- Excellent sweet aroma with peculiar flavor, sweet in taste, fiber-less flesh and moderate to abundant juicy.
- Fruits are weighed at harvest time and a 15-20% weight reduction can occur due to moisture loss. Do not Store Fresh fruits in the refrigerator and keep away from sunlight. Due to rising temperatures, one or two mangoes may reach you in overripe condition.
How to naturally ripen mangoes:
- Open the Carton boxes sent by Natural Mangoes and take mangoes out of Carton boxes to spread mango fruits on top of one layer of paddy husk or wheat straw, then add another layer to the top. Leave for a minimum of 4 ~ 8 days to ripen.
- Submerge the mangoes in a bowl of uncooked rice and leave for a minimum of 4 ~ 8 days to ripen.
- Using a Paper Bag or a Newspaper – Put the mangoes in a paper bag or cover it with a newspaper and leave it undisturbed for 4 ~ 8 days for the mangoes to release some ethylene, an odorless gas that speeds up the ripening process. Take the mangoes out when you start getting the fruity smell
How to identify if mangoes are ripe and ready to eat ?
- Smell the mango for the most reliable results: Sniff the stem end of the mango. If it has a heavy, fruity, almost musky odour, it is ripe. It you’re struggling to find an aroma; chances are your mango isn’t quite there yet.
- Squeeze the mango gently after you’ve sniffed: Press the mango gently. If it is soft and gives slightly, it is ripe. A ripe mango feels like a ripe peach or ripe avocado. If the mango feels firm and unyielding, it is still unripe.
- Don’t rely on color to judge the ripeness of a mango: Although most ripe mangoes will also feature rich reds and burnt yellows more than soft greens, ripe mangoes are not always red and yellow. So, forget the look of mangoes when determining ripeness. Instead, use smell and softness as your guide.
- Don’t be scared away by a few black spots on the surface of the mango skin: Some people are scared away by mangoes that have a few splotchy, black blemishes on them.
Storing Mangoes in refrigerator:
- Place mangoes in the refrigerator only when it has ripened. Keeping the mango in the refrigerator will slow down the speed at which the mango continues to ripen. Like all tropical fruits, mangoes should not be stored in the fridge before they are ripe, as the fruit might be damaged by the cold temperature and the refrigeration will halt the ripening process.
For Organic Farm Fresh Mangoes, Please visit our website to place your order online. Mangoes will be delivered to your doorstep:
Tags: #Organic Mangoes #Organic Mango #ImamPasand Mangoes #Farm Fresh Mangoes
#Carbide Free Mangoes #Natural Mangoes #Mangoes Chennai #Totapuri Mangoes
#Banganapalli Mangoes #Alphonso Mangoes #Mango Shop #Mango Store #Naturally Ripened #Mangoes Order Online #Chemical Free
Ramnarayanan Degaleeson (verified owner) –
Thanks to Natural Mangoes
Surya (verified owner) –
Totapuri mangoes was too good and we used it for Mango pickle.
J Sam Daniel (verified owner) –
Excellent customer service. Mangoes were delivered at our door step without any damages.
Chaanakya Chopra (verified owner) –
I was very pleased with the taste of the mangoes. They were juicy and aromatic, and they had a beautiful flavor that I had never tasted before. The packaging was also very tidy, and they delivered them at my door step when I needed them. I am really glad to have found Natural Mangoes, and I will order again in the future.