Mango Stem Borer Treatment
Symptoms of damage
- Grub tunnels in the sapwood on the trunk or branches
- Grub bore into the sap wood and macking irregular tunnels.
- Feeding the vascular tissues
- interruption of nutrient and water transport on the tissue
- Drying of terminal shoot in early stage
- Frass comes out from several points and sometimes sap oozes out of the holes
- Wilting of branches or entire tree
Identification of pest
- Grub – Linear, fleshy, apodous
- Adult – Grayish beetle with two pink dots and lateral spine
- Remove and destroy dead and severely affected branches of the tree
- Remove alternate host, silk cotton and other hosts
- Grow tolerant mango varieties viz., Neelam, Humayudin.
- Swab Coal tar + Kerosene @ 1:2 or Carbaryl 50 WP 20 g / l (basal portion of the trunk – 3 feet height) after scraping the loose bark to prevent oviposition by adult beetles.
- Padding with monocrotophos 36 WSC 10 ml in 2.5 cm /tree soaked in absorbent cotton.
- If infestations are severe then apply the copper oxychloride paste on the trunk of the tree.
- Hook out the grub from the bore hole – apply monocrotophos 36 WSC 10 to 20 ml/ hole
- One celphos tablet (3 g aluminum phosphide) per hole
- Apply carbofuran 3G 5 g per hole and plug with mud.
In our Natural Mangoes, ARNV farm we practice the organic treatment process for mango trees to control any pests. All our mangoes are organically produced without any chemical pesticides.
- View the below YouTube video and follow the instructions regarding organic treatment methods for Mango Trees which are affected with Stem Borer.
To get a real taste of organic mangoes, please visit our farm (or) place your orders online @ https://www.naturalmangoes.com and you may also visit other website to get regular updates.
YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYoJ5TzJrxc